Who We Are:
The PTSA is a volunteer school association run by the parents, teachers and students. It's a non-profit. We are the voice for all of our children regarding their safety, health, welfare, education, and enrichment.
Your PTSA has elected board members and then surrounding those board members we have our general members, which are compromised of parents, teachers and students.
Currently we have a very small, diverse group of parents that serve as your board and we are looking to expand to invite both students and more parent volunteers.
The board members and committees consist of: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Advocacy Committee, Fundraising Committee, Communications Committee, Yearbook Committee and Reflections Committee. Currently all committees are looking for volunteers.
What We Do:
Your PTSA supports and speaks on behalf of your children in our school, in our community, and before government groups and other organizations that make decisions affecting our children. We also help parents develop the skills they need to raise and protect their children.
In addition to the above we raise money, we host a variety of events that the school couldn't otherwise afford, we support our teachers through lunches and other forms of appreciation, and we provide additional education for parents that pertain to their middle school children. It's pretty amazing all that we when we all come together and support our children, parents/guardian, teachers and school.
Why You Should Participate:
Right now our school is brand new and we are in the process of growing our PTSA membership. Therefore, I'd like to share with you what the benefits are to you, your child and your school as well as dispel any myths.
1. You NEVER have to come to a meeting if you don't want to, but you still get a ton of benefits. Hopefully that is some relief.
2. You do have a VOICE! This means if you do want to come to our meetings, volunteer, and participate, you get to share your opinions, vote on important topics, and add to the conversation as we move through this year and years to come.
3. You get to KNOW what is going on. There is no better way to know what's happening in your child's school and your child's community. The PTSA supports all kinds of fun events, we also raise money throughout the year that go directly back to the school and the PTSA to provide amazing opportunities for parents, teachers and students.
4. CONNECT with other parents and families. We are so lucky to live in such a diverse community and this is a great way to get to know other parents and families. Community is so important to our well-being, especially in such a digitally driven world. This is a fabulous way to get off your phone and into your life with other people right in your child's school neighborhood.
5. Be a ROLE MODEL. No matter what your involvement whether it big or small, you are demonstrating to your child that education is important and that you care about their school experience.
6. Learn LEADERSHIP skills whether as a parent or an adult. Learning leadership skills as a parent and as a child are very valuable skills that will take us all far in our careers, at home, with our personal and professional relationships.
7. You DECIDE your level of commitment. So, whether you have a lot of time to give, a just a little time to give or maybe even no time at all, there are many ways you can contribute to your child's school and their experience during their middle school years.
How Can You Get Involved
There are several ways in which you and your child can get involved. The first step is for you and your student to become a member of the PTSA, you and your student can volunteer as well as make an impact with donations to fun your ARMS PTSA. Click here to to visit our Get Involved Page to learn more.
We believe all women can embrace who they are,
can define their future, and can change the world.
The ARMS PTSA is a non-profit volunteer driven organization dedicated to making every child's potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
The ARMS PTSA's vision is to help build community by creating fun events for kids and families, support and appreciate our staff and teachers, bring you and our children educational programs and events that can enrich our lives.